Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Elder Smith





I started reading the Old Testament a few months ago, and I’ve gotten to Job. Some of the stories are really captivating. So far I’ve loved reading about Saul and David. Their story up until David’s death is so awesome, and I love the scripture in 2 Samuel 1:23:

“Saul and Jonathan were lovely and pleasant in their lives, and in death they were not divided: they were swifter than eagles, they were stronger than lions.”

And of course the cross reference in D&C 135:3 talking about Joseph and Hyrum Smith. They are so inspiring for me, because every time I start to get disobedient or my work ethic begins to fall I think of how disappointed Papa Hyrum and Uncle Joseph would be with the grand son/nephew. Dad I think you for being built on a rock, and making it easy for your sons to follow the example of the prophet and the patriarch of the Church of Jesus Christ in the later days. I know that you have made our fathers proud. I love you all. Faaitoito.

Elder Luke Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment